These no bake oat bars are super easy to whip up and taste SO good. These beauties are so addictive and are the perfect weekend treat to have in the house! I used organic Meridian peanut butter my first time making these and a more processed version (Kelkin) in my second trial. I did prefer the taste of the organic nut butter but it’s totally down to personal preference! Roasted almond or hazelnut butter would work really well here too. The bars will keep fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- 8 oz butter
- 4 oz light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 oz oats (I used half normal, half jumbo oats for different textures)
- 3 oz dark chocolate
- 3 oz milk chocolate
- 6 oz crunchy peanut butter
8 x 8″ square tin, lined with parchment (greaseproof) paper
- Melt butter in a pan and add the sugar. Heat over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes until the mixture begins to bubble. Add the vanilla extract and oats and mix.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the tin. Now make the chocolate layer.
- Heat the milk and dark chocolate with the peanut butter in a glass dish in the microwave in 20 second intervals until the mixture is melted and mix to incorporate ingredients.
- Spread 3/4 of the chocolate mixture over the oat base. Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture over the chocolate layer and drizzle the top with the remaining chocolate/peanut butter mix.
- Chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours and cut in to squares. Keep in a fridge for up to 2 weeks in a sealed container.