So with summer looming, attempts are at an all time high to be healthy. I, however, have the sweetest tooth in all the land and no matter how much of a health kick I’m on I always try to make some treats to keep me on the straight and narrow. These flapjacks do just that. They’re perfect if you’re craving something sweet and need an energy boost. I’ve used pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and flaked almonds in these, but you can put whatever nuts/seeds/dried fruit you like!
- 100g rolled oats
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 20g flaked almonds
- 20g sunflower seeds
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 75g butter plus extra for greasing (or coconut oil for a vegan option but if using, add a pinch of salt as it increases the flavour)
- 50g coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1tsp vanilla extract
Equiptment: 11 x 7 ” rectangular baking tin
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius. Grease and line the baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter or coconut oil in a large pot. Add the coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla and heat until bubbling.
- Add the dry ingredients into the pot and mix. Pour into the tin and bake in the oven until golden brown (about 20-30 minutes)
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and slice, then leave to cool completely.
- Serve & enjoy!
*These will keep for a week in an airtight sealed container.